Exploring the Invest in Your Health Trainer Exchange
AgriSafe is committed to train safety and health professionals who wish to teach IYH trainings in their classroom. Under our open share platform, once certified, you are free to use the training materials. Our end goal is to build the capacity of rural educators and leaders to train young workers.
Invest in Your Health (IYH) consists of 6 training modules crafted for the agriculture teacher and community leader to seamlessly integrate in their course offerings. IYH training modules aim to educate, prevent and protect young farmers by providing them with the tools they need to stay safe and healthy.
The training topics that will be discussed included:
- Say What? Protecting your Hearing
- Cover Up! Head to Toe Personal Protective Equipment
- Stay Cool! Prevention of Heat Related Illness
- Stop Zoonosis it its Tracks- Prevention of Zoonosis
- Where Y’at-Using Mapping to Define Hazards in Agriculture
- Cultivating a Healthy Mind: Mental Wellness for Youth
Natalie Roy, MPH
Chief Executive Officer
As Chief Executive Officer of AgriSafe for over twenty years, Natalie Roy utilizes her public health training to improve the quality of health care offered to farm families. Natalie holds a Masters in Public Health from Tulane University. She is pleased to work in the area of agricultural health as it relates to her experience growing up on a farm in Canterbury New Hampshire.