Safety Training on Dairy Farms using Mobile-Learning Technologies
The delivery of safety training content to workers in agriculture can be a challenging undertaking. This webinar will present a relatively novel approach to the delivery of safety training content to vulnerable workers in the dairy industry.
At the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Understand the challenges associated with safety training among agriculture workers;
- Distinguish between electronic learning (e-learning) and mobile-learning (m-learning);
- Understand the benefits and challenges associated with m-learning in agriculture;
- Understand basic approaches to delivery of safety training content using m-learning; and
- Understand the challenges associated with training effectiveness evaluation.
David I. Douphrate PhD, MPT, MBA, CPE
CSP University of Texas School of Public Health in San Antonio
Dr. David Douphrate is an Assistant Professor with the Southwest Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, located at the University of Texas, School of Public Health. Douphrate conducts research and outreach related to worker health and safety through the High Plains and Intermountain Center for Agricultural Health and Safety (HICAHS), headquartered at Colorado State University. Douphrate and his colleagues conduct research and outreach with dairy producers to improve safe working environments while simultaneously improving dairy productivity and efficiency.